2010 LAMB CARAVAN CAST

2010 LAMB CARAVAN CAST
"Jack and the Beanstalk"

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monday, 9/13/10 Final Time in Jamestown: Jack's Perspective

Third day, second show! The day began relatively slow, but entertaining none the less. Lauren slept in for most of the morning, while Grace, Reed, and myself watched and analyzed old Hanna-Barbera shows on the Boomerang channel. How many shows are there that are Scooby-Doo carbon copies? Speed Buggy, Jabber Jaw, etc, etc. After this we went tip for tap with several episodes of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and discovered the majesty of Line Art on Grace’s iPad.

We packed up our belongings and begrudgingly left the Gladstone, which was an excellent hotel, and headed to Jamestown College for our next performance. We set up unexpectedly quickly, so I decided to pass the time by going to the campus cafeteria were I made a new Jamaican friend! He had dreadlocks and everything. I then returned to find my three cast mates taking a brief nap on the stage before show time.

A ceremonious belly-drumming circle kicked off our second show, which ended up being an even larger crowd than the first. Once again, the performance could not have gone better, and flowed without any problems. There were a few kids that tried to stop me, as the ogre, from catching up with Jack, but I cleverly avoided their maneuvers. After autographs and a speedy tear down, we bid farewell to Jamestown and ventured downward into Aberdeen, South Dakota.

On the way there, Mrs. Wooley introduced us to the power of random song construction. Someone starts out with a beat and everyone adds on. It works seventy five percent of the time. The other twenty five percent is a little weird. Quick stops were made at Subway for sandwiches and a gas station for chocolate milk (a quart for one dollar. I’m becoming a smarter consumer.) It was then that we pulled into the lovely White House Hotel.

The end of the last paragraph is sarcastic. This place is not lovely. There are stains, the paint is chipping, the curtain rods are crooked, and there are cashews and chips under my bed. Gah. Reed informed me to ditch my comforter to avoid bed bugs. I did as instructed. To keep our minds off the mess and wrap up the night, we watched the cult classic film The Room. Any movie with the following dialogue is bound to be wonderful:
“ Do you want me to order a pizza?”
“….I don’t care.”
“I already ordered a pizza!!”
“Awww hahahaha You think of everything, Lisa!”
This movie falls somewhere in between Chupacabra: Death Seas and Citizen Kane. Once we had our fill, Reed and I retired to our disgusting room for the night. We’re all having a great time. There’s still plenty of conversation, oxygen, and Trident layers, so I’d say we’re doing alright. There are more adventures to come,

With a love greater than or equal to zero,

                            Jack O’Brien.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments.....

Last year's Tour Blog